Where are we racing?
4th January J16 Friday Night
5th January J16 WS
10th-13th January MKGP
Tamiya The Bigwig (2017)
Released in July 1986, on the 10th anniversary of Tamiya’s first RC, the Bigwig was a landmark in the development of Tamiya RC racing cars and remains highly prized as a collectors’ car for its unique design. This was the first Tamiya car with a body penned by an outside designer: Japanese full size race car designer and team owner Takuya Yura. This re-release version is based closely upon the original, with some tweaks to bring it up to date. This unique car featured a rack and pinion steering system and distinctive Moon Dish wheels. The body styling was innovative, and as all Tamiya kits were, easy to build and good value for money.
Part Number: 47330Array
Our Price: £134.00
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 390mm, width: 234mm, height: 163mm.
- Aerodynamic body is lightweight and durable polycarbonate. Engine and exhausts are depicted by chassis parts.
- Utilizes a sturdy ABS resin bathtub-type chassis.
- Shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain for excellent stability off-road, with full ball bearings ensuring minimal power loss.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers lets the car tackle bumpy surfaces.
- Rack and pinion steering (unique to this Tamiya model) gives excellent driving feel. Boots cover the steering tie-rods, and anti-wear grease is included in the kit to seal the mechanism from dirt and gravel.
- Aerodish 1-piece wheels are combined with oval block pattern tires for superior grip.
- Stickers have been redesigned while keeping to the overall theme of the original.
- Includes a GT-Tuned motor (25T) with sticker unique to this model.
- ESC NOT included. ESCs 22mm and lower in height can be fitted in the kit standard position.
Required for completion; 2 Channel Radio System, 1 Servo, Electronic Speed Controller, Battery and Charger, Polycarbonate Paint for the Body, Tools for assembly.